Wyoming Resource Links & Home Owner Information
Did You Know?
- By sprucing up your home, you may qualify for a low interest loan.
- By installing more energy efficient windows and you may be eligible for a tax credit.
- ENERGY STAR distinguishes energy efficient products which, although they may cost more to purchase than standard models, will pay you back in lower energy bills within a reasonable amount of time, without a tax credit.
- By purchasing an energy-efficient product or renewable energy system for your home, you may be eligible for a federal tax credit.
- ENERGY STAR® is a government-backed program helping businesses and individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency.
- Results are already adding up. Last year alone, Americans, with the help of ENERGY STAR®, saved enough energy to power 10 million homes and avoid greenhouse gas emissions from 12 million cars - all while saving $6 billion.
- For these reasons, the Department of Energy is a proud supporter of the ENERGY STAR® program. In addition, the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy provides information about energy efficient appliances and building.
- Proper Insulation keeps your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer and can lower your energy bills.
- As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling.
- Insulation performance is measured by R-value. Higher R-values mean more insulating power.
- Different insulation R-values are recommended for walls, attics, basements, crawlspaces and geographic area.
- U-factor is the rate at which a window, door, or skylight conducts non-solar heat flow. The lower the U-factor, the more energy-efficient the window, door, or skylight.
- Day-lighting is the use of windows and skylights to bring sunlight into your home.
- When day-lighting your home considers climate, home's design, and the size and direction of the windows or skylights.
- For energy efficiency sizes and locations of windows should be based on directions rather than appearance of the house.